May 28 | DNA Guide
Be Real Together:
Take a few minutes to catch up, tell stories, and laugh together. Trust and friendship take time to build. If you’re launching a new DNA, one person should tell their story — what do we need to know about you? Next week, have another person in your DNA share their story.
Read Together: Matthew 5:1-12 CSB
The Beatitudes are a series of eight statements that speak to a posture of living that Christ says results in the blessing of God. They summarize Jesus’ kingdom ethic and the character of Christian believers. They are a call for an inward posture that results in an outward blessing.
The One Question:
Ask this question at your family meal or DNA.
How do the Beatitudes challenge conventional notions of success, happiness, and blessing?
Use these questions to go deeper with your DNA or for personal study.
- Which of the Beatitudes are you drawn to most naturally? Which are harder for you to embrace / live out?
- Discuss the challenges and opportunities of living out the Beatitudes in a society that may reject or persecute Christian beliefs. How can a Christian culture respond to persecution with grace and love?
- How does the concept of peacemaking challenge us in our personal lives, relationships, and communities? How can we actively promote peace in a world filled with conflict?
- Discuss the impact of a Christian culture that values humility and recognizes the blessedness of being poor in spirit. How does this differ from the values promoted in secular society?
- Reflect on the transformative power of the Beatitudes in shaping the overall Christian culture. How can we embrace these teachings to create a culture that reflects Christ's values and impacts the world around us?
Take time to pray with and for each other.