A Call to Life Change
March 19 | DNA Guide
Be Real Together:
Take a few minutes to catch up, tell stories, and laugh together. Trust and friendship take time to build. If you’re launching a new DNA, one person should tell their story — what do we need to know about you? Next week, have another person in your DNA share their story.
Read Together: Matthew 3:1-12 CSB
The One Question:
Ask this question at your family meal or DNA.
Who is someone in your life that pointed you to Jesus? Talk about how they encouraged you in your faith.
Use these questions to go deeper with your DNA or for personal study.
- Luke 1:17 tells us that John the Baptist would be a forerunner for the Messiah. In what ways did John prepare for the ministry of Jesus?
- "Often, we have a tendency to make our faith about ourselves and not about the one who called us." How have you seen this to be true in your life?
- John didn't build his ministry on or for himself. It was built on and for Jesus. "Our motivator for ministry should be to please God, not to earn favor with other people." In what ways do you resonate or find this challenging personally?
- What areas of your life point to Jesus? Are there areas that don't that you need to address?
- John called everyone to repent and be baptized.
- Is repentance a regular part of your life? If not, why?
- Have you been baptized? If so, describe your experience. If not, have you considered it?
Take time to pray with and for each other.